Below is a list of guidelines that the Accommodations Tax Committee will take into consideration when reviewing and recommending events or festivals for funding. This list is for the committee to gauge the applicant’s merit for receiving funding based on the criteria set forth by the Accommodations Tax Committee and the State of South Carolina Tourism Expenditure Review Committee. This guideline is not to be used as a guarantee for an event to receive accommodations tax funding.
State law requires that to be eligible for selection the organization must be organized as a nonprofit organization
- Event or Festival takes place in Town of Mount Pleasant.
- Host hotel(s) in Mount Pleasant is/are specified on application and promotion materials.
- Event or Festival has economic struggle in executing project without accommodations tax funding. The Committee asks that an applicant consider returning all or a portion of their sponsorship funding if the event generates a profit.
- Event or Festival dates are during the off-season or shoulder dates of the tourist season.
- Event or Festival brings in a significant number of tourists (tourists are defined as those who travel at least 50 miles to attend) and not solely an event or festival for local residents.
- Cost per room night and visitor day is acceptable to Accommodations Tax Committee.
- Application is received by its appropriate deadline and is completed fully and accurately.
- If returning applicant, a verifiable performance report is completed fully and accurately. Please include any promotional materials, advertisements, etc. with your performance report submission.