28th Annual Christmas Light Parade
Brilliantly lit floats and community groups will march up West Coleman Boulevard as the Mount Pleasant Christmas Light Parade sets sail to the delight of thousands of residents and visitors. The festivities begin at 5:30 p.m. with a spectacular Pyrotecnico fireworks show, immediately followed by the start of the parade at Live Oak Dr. traveling south and ending at the intersection of W. Coleman Blvd. and Patriots Point Rd. Join the Facebook event for up-to-date info!
Coleman Boulevard Road Closure Schedule:
- Whilden St. to Pherigo St. closes at 4:00 p.m. for the lineup
- Whilden St. to Patriots Point Rd. closes at 5:00 p.m.
- Ravenel Bridge off-ramp onto Coleman Blvd. closes at 5:00 (all traffic diverted to Highway 17)
- Patriots Point Rd. from Coleman Blvd. to Harry Hallman Blvd. closes at 5:00 (all Patriots Point and hotel/golf course traffic will divert onto Harry Hallman)
To help ensure we have a safe event, the Town of Mount Pleasant is requesting that drone pilots not fly over or along the parade route. Pilots are reminded that the Federal Aviation Authority requires a Part 107 Waiver if you are going to fly at night or fly over people. You can learn more about drone operations at https://www.faa.gov/uas/. Find answers to Frequently Asked Questions here.
Would your business, organization, church or school would like to participate?
How to enter the 2023 Mount Pleasant Christmas Light Parade:
1. Complete the entry application.
2. Be sure to sign acceptance of parade rules and liability waiver (page3).
3. Return all 3 pages to:
Town of Mount Pleasant
Special Events/Christmas Parade
391 Egypt Rd
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
OR scan and e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Space is limited. Applicants will be notified of acceptance on or before Nov. 11th.
All entrants must send one representative to a mandatory parade meeting where participants will be given event and safety information.
Two meeting options: Wed, Nov. 15 at either 1:00 or 5:30 p.m. at the Mount Pleasant Municipal Complex in Council Chambers/Courtroom, 100 Ann Edwards Lane, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464.