Special Event Permit Applications
Any organized activity with more than 25 people using or impacting private commercial or public property, facilities, parks, sidewalks or roadways in a manner that varies from its standard land use requires a Special Event Permit. All Town of Mount Pleasant ordinances (zoning, noise, signage, etc.) must be adhered to in any event; a permit does not constitute permission to violate any ordinance. TOMP does not permit events involving the Ravenel Bridge. The Special Event Permit ordinance can be viewed here.
Please fill out the appropriate application for your event type and submit with all applicable attachments and fees to the Town of Mount Pleasant.
Mobile Food Vendors at Events (Food Trucks & Trailers)
If you are planning on having mobile food vendors at your event, they must have a current Mount Pleasant Business License and inspection permit sticker from the Mount Pleasant Fire Department. Information and application for the permit can be viewed here.
For Memorial Waterfront Park events, scroll down to that section.
**IMPORTANT: If you use Explorer, you can fill it out online and use the submit button at the bottom (only works if all req’d fields are complete). Using any other browser, save the file to your computer, fill it out, save again, then attach it to an email.
Please submit electronically to save trees & time. Thank you!
- Parades / Processions
- Races / Bikes / Walks
- Outdoor Commercial Activities (Tent Sales, Grand Openings, Business Events)
- Commercial Film & Photography
- Non-residential Private Property (Private Parties, Block Parties, etc. requesting street closures)
Town Property Event Addendum: If you are requesting to host an event on property owned by the Town of Mount Pleasant (other than Memorial Waterfront Park; see below), you must attach this Event Addendum to your permit application along with the required documents described within.
Memorial Waterfront Park Permit Applications
Before submitting a permit application for Memorial Waterfront Park, read the Memorial Waterfront Park Special Events ordinance and the Prohibited Activity at Town-Owned Parks ordinance, then email email@example.com to check date availability before submitting the appropriate form.
- MWP Small Group Events (25-249 attendees)
- MWP Large Group Events (250-499 attendees)
- MWP Commercial Media Filming and Photography
Online Credit Card Fee Payment: Submit the appropriate application for your event, then pay your permit fee online.
More Information: For more information on event permits, contact the Town of Mount Pleasant Special Events Manager.
Accommodations Tax Grant Application – Apply Now
Application for projects and events occurring 01/01/2024 – 06/30/2024 will be available on 07/01/2023.
Completed applications and all supporting documents must be submitted by 9/1/2023 by 4:30 p.m.
- September 21, 2023, at 10:00 a.m.: Presentations to Committee (Town Hall, 100 Ann Edwards Lane, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464)
- September 22, 2023, at 10:00 a.m: Committee Budget Review and Funding Recommendations
- October 10, 2023: Recommended Funding Presented to Town Council for Final Approval
For more information, please refer to the A-TAX State Guidelines Summary.
- 2024 Blessing of the Fleet Beneficiary Application – Available Dec 2023
- 2024 Blessing of the Fleet Artisan Show Application – Available Jan 2024
- 2024 Farmers Market Application – Available Jan 2024
- 2023 Holiday Market and Craft Show Application
- 2023 Christmas Light Parade Application
- Town Proud: A Mount Pleasant Certified Local Business Program
Have Questions? Please review our FAQ page.