Special Event Permit Applications
Any organized activity with more than 25 people using or impacting private commercial or public property, facilities, parks, sidewalks or roadways in a manner that varies from its standard land use requires a Special Event Permit. All Town of Mount Pleasant ordinances (zoning, noise, signage, etc.) must be adhered to in any event; a permit does not constitute permission to violate any ordinance. TOMP does not permit events involving the Ravenel Bridge. The Special Event Permit ordinance can be viewed here.
Please fill out the appropriate application for your event type and submit with all applicable attachments and fees to the Town of Mount Pleasant.
For Memorial Waterfront Park events, scroll down to that section.
**IMPORTANT: Internet Explorer allows you to fill form online and submit using button within form; all other browsers require you to save the file/download to your computer, fill out form, save again, then attach to an email.
Please submit electronically to save trees & time. Thank you!
- Parades / Processions
- Races / Bikes / Walks
- Outdoor Commercial Activities (Tent Sales, Grand Openings, Business Events)
- Non-residential Private Property (Private Parties, Block Parties, etc. requesting street closures)
Town Property Event Addendum: If you are requesting to host an event on property owned by the Town of Mount Pleasant (other than Memorial Waterfront Park; see below), you must attach this Event Addendum to your permit application along with the required documents described within.
Memorial Waterfront Park Permit Applications
Before submitting a permit application for Memorial Waterfront Park, read the Memorial Waterfront Park Special Events ordinance and the Prohibited Activity at Town-Owned Parks ordinance, then email email@example.com to check date availability before submitting the appropriate form.
More Information: For more information on event permits, contact the Town of Mount Pleasant Special Events Manager.
Accommodations Tax Grant Application
Application is available for projects 1/01/22 – 6/30/22.
Completed applications and all supporting documents must be submitted by 10/8/21.
- October 28, 2021: Presentations to Committee (Town Hall, 100 Ann Edwards Lane, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464)
- October 29, 2021: Committee Deliberation and Grading
- November 9, 2021: Presentation to Town Council for Final Approval
For more information, please refer to the A-TAX State Guidelines Summary.
- Blessing of the Fleet Arts & Craft Show Application – Available Jan. 2022
- 2022 Blessing of the Fleet Beneficiary Application – Available Dec. 2021
- Farmers Market 2020 Application
- 26th Annual Christmas Light Parade Application
- Holiday Market and Craft Show Application 2021
- Town Proud: A Mount Pleasant Certified Local Business Program
Have Questions? Please review our FAQ page.