Applications & Permits

Special Event Permit Applications

Any organized activity with more than 25 people using or impacting private commercial or public property, facilities, parks, sidewalks or roadways in a manner that varies from its standard land use requires a Special Event Permit. All Town of Mount Pleasant ordinances (zoning, noise, signage, etc.) must be adhered to in any event; a permit does not constitute permission to violate any ordinance. TOMP does not permit events involving the Ravenel Bridge. The Special Event Permit ordinance can be viewed here.

Please fill out the appropriate application for your event type and submit with all applicable attachments and fees to the Town of Mount Pleasant.

For Memorial Waterfront Park events, scroll down to that section.

**IMPORTANT: Permits will only submit if all required fields are completed. **If you use Internet Explorer, you can fill it out online and use the submit button at the bottom.  If you use any other browser, save the file to your computer, fill it out, save again, then attach it to an email.

Please submit electronically to save trees & time. Thank you!

Special Event Permit A

  • Festivals
  • Parades / Processions
  • Races / Bikes / Walks

Special Event Permit B

  • Outdoor Commercial Activities (Tent Sales, Grand Openings, Business Events) 
  • Commercial Film & Photography
  • Non-residential Private Property (Private Parties, Block Parties, etc. requesting street closures)

Town Property Event Addendum: If you are requesting to host an event on property owned by the Town of Mount Pleasant (other than Memorial Waterfront Park; see below), you must attach this Event Addendum to your permit application along with the required documents described within. 

Memorial Waterfront Park Permit Applications

Before submitting a permit application for Memorial Waterfront Park, read the Memorial Waterfront Park Special Events ordinance and the Prohibited Activity at Town-Owned Parks ordinance, then email to check date availability before submitting the appropriate form.

Online Credit Card Fee Payment: Submit the appropriate application for your event, then pay your permit fee online.

More Information: For more information on event permits, contact the Town of Mount Pleasant Special Events Manager.

Accommodations Tax Grant Application

Application is available for projects 1/01/22 – 6/30/22. 

Completed applications and all supporting documents must be submitted by 10/8/21. 

Click here for the Application.

Click here for the Budget Template.
Click here for the Marketing Plan Template.

  • October 28, 2021: Presentations to Committee (Town Hall, 100 Ann Edwards Lane, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464)
  • October 29, 2021: Committee Deliberation and Grading
  • November 9, 2021: Presentation to Town Council for Final Approval

For more information, please refer to the A-TAX State Guidelines Summary.

Other Forms

Have Questions? Please review our FAQ page.