Coleman Boulevard Improvement Project
A thriving retail corridor with an array of homegrown businesses, as well as one of the area’s oldest working creeks, Coleman Boulevard runs through the heart of Mount Pleasant, connecting historic downtown Charleston to the area’s favorite beaches. The Coleman Boulevard Improvements include important infrastructure investments such as increasing stormwater and waterline capacities, improving mobility and enhancing streetscaping.
The Coleman Boulevard Improvement Project is an important infrastructure project for the Town of Mount. Project highlights include:
- Improved drainage and water quality through expanded infrastructure and stormwater treatment devices
- Adaptive traffic signals and raised landscaped medians to help improve traffic flow
- On street parking and bike lanes are used to help create a traffic calming effect to make the area more attractive to pedestrians, motorists, bicycles and businesses.
What is the timeline of this project?
Construction is expected to begin in September 2017 and is estimated to be completed by August 2019.
- Phase 1: West Bound Coleman Utility Relocation and Drainage Work (Sept. 2017 – July 2018)
- Phase 2: East Bound Coleman Utility Relocation (July 2018 – Jan. 2019)
- Phase 3: Median Construction (Feb. 2018 – June 2019)
- Phase 4: Final Paving (July 2019 – Oct. 2019)
Support Your Coleman Businesses
Coleman Boulevard Holiday Window Decorating Contest
Please join the Town of Mount Pleasant as we celebrate the tradition of holiday window decorating! This is an opportunity for our Coleman businesses to showcase their unique personalities, each of which make our community truly one-of-a-kind. There is no cost to participate in this program. All businesses along Coleman Boulevard are eligible.
- November 20th – Applications Due
- November 27th – Decorations must be complete
- December 1st – Voting Starts
- December 10th – Voting Ends at 8am
- December 11th – Winner Recognized at Town Council Meeting, 6pm, Town Hall
For more information, contest rules, marketing details, and contest dates, please click here.
To sign-up, please click here